AC tune-up is very crucial to the entertainment of your unit. A/C unit loses around 5% of its efficiency for each year that it runs.
Over time, components weaken and break down, and without routine maintenance, you could end up paying some major repair bills or having to replace the unit altogether. AC tune-up is necessary!
Fortunately, you can keep your A/C running at full capacity by simply scheduling a regular tune-up. Giving your A/C a little TLC once or twice a year is important and can save you a lot of money and headaches in the long run.
According to Energy.gov, “the most important maintenance task that will ensure the efficiency of your air conditioner is to routinely replace or clean its filters.” Clogged, dirty filters block normal airflow and reduce a system’s efficiency significantly. With normal airflow obstructed, air that bypasses the filter may carry dirt directly into the evaporator coil and impair the coil’s heat-absorbing capacity. Replacing a dirty, clogged filter with a clean one can lower your air conditioner’s energy consumption by 5% to 15%.
When your air conditioner needs more than regular maintenance, contact one of our well-trained HVAC professionals.
Our experienced technician will:
- Check for correct amount of refrigerant
- Test for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector
- Capture any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, instead of illegally releasing it to the atmosphere
- Check for and seal duct leakage in central systems
- Measure airflow through the evaporator coil
- Verify the correct electric control sequence and make sure that the heating system and cooling system cannot operate simultaneously
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and tighten connections, and apply a non-conductive coating if necessary
- Oil motors and check belts for tightness and wear
- Check the accuracy of the thermostat.
Contact American Air HVAC today!